Senior Engineer / Architect
- Active Directory, OpenLDAP, openDJ
- R, Octave, MARS, Bayes (Statistical analysis), Machine Learning (Gaussian Naïve Bayes)
- Azure, Virtual Machines Clusters, DRBD, Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat), HPUX, Windows, Oracle, MySQL, Firewalls, (F5 – Big¬IP)
- Configuration Management – SVN, ClearCase
- Development: C/C++, IPTables, Kernel Development (x86, ARM, Raspberry Pi), Visual C, Network protocols, DVB, TCP/IP, Telecoms, Wireshark, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS – Snort), Visual Scripting (VBS)
- Lifecycle / Project Management – Requirements management, Functional Specification, quality processes: ISO 12207, ISO 15504, SPICE, CMM, Lifecycle definition, management across geographic areas
- Technologies: LDAP, MySQL, RADIUS, Rational, Enterprise Architect, Shell Scripting, UML,
- Networking: Application Development for secure networking (sFTP, HTTPS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Part-time teacher of Statistics and Advanced Maths, with a passion for practical applications.
- Responsible for architecture and implementation of secure transfer agent for €27B turnover company.
- Development of energy saving patent involving machine learning
- Development and commissioning of learning platform for use in developing countries
- Development of low power devices for Africa and Middle East, driver optimization and kernel building, IPTables, RADIUS, LDAP, MySQL, PHP, Ubuntu Linux.
- Architecture and project management of project for the automotive industry. The project is SPICE compliant and implemented in embedded C and C++, using UML design techniques and maintained on SVN.
- Cradle to grave implementation of high availability, load balancing MySQL cluster with ETL for mobile phone company in Canada. C and C++, Implemented with MySQL on Redhat Linux platform with OCFS2 File system.
- Rolled out the VoIP service for ICE broadband from cradle to grave: Asterisk on Redhat platforms
- Rolled out Business Continuity solutions for ICE Broadband.
- Successfully introduced good procedures in accordance with SEI CMM and improved project life-cycle
- Awarded 4 patents with Motorola and 2 with another telco company, one with own company
- Published a textbook with Prentice Hall which sold 9,000 copies
- Proven technical leadership abilities
- One Academic Paper written and second in preparation
- 20years + solid engineering experience support
- Delivered complex enterprise level projects
- Multi-site / multi-country experience
- Projects delivered on time, and within budget
- Has rescued various struggling projects to a successful completion
- Project experience: worked for major brands such as Mercedes, Valeo, Mortorla, Space Agency etc.
- Budget Ownership: typically, around €500k
- Team Management: experience managing dispersed teams, internationally (EMEA, US, India), up to 12 x people depending on project
- Languages: English (mother tongue), German (fluent), French (proficient), learning Arabic
- Lovely personality, easy to talk to and get on with
- Strategic thinker with a hands-on approach
- Navigation of complex stakeholders
- Very influential
- Great communicator
- Adaptable & flexible
- Multi-culture exposure
To receive visibility to this candidate’s CV & portfolio, please contact Charlene Coleman, Managing Director of HP|konnect directly on 00353 87 185 6714 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting candidate reference ZR_176602_CAND.
Alternatively please register for specific candidates according to your requirements via Hire the Best